14.08.13

Your legs are alive.. No not really, but kind of.

Haha, I can relate to everything except the TPN bag thing. Thankfully.

A couple of days ago we had a patient at our ward which had stasis dermatitis ( His legs are secerning clear liquid because they are so swollen that the skin finally opens up to release the pressure. Taking off socks can be so much fun! Not.) So he wore wound dressings (which should be changed everyday by a mobile nursing service since he lived at home) and when my colleague removed them he just couldn't believe what he saw..

Maggots.

Gee.. I am so glad he was not my patient, I would've probably been vomitting all over his flyblown legs.

So can you imagine what my colleague and almost every other colleague, doctor, student, cleaning lady at duty did?

Right, they took a photo with their smartphone.

Bummer: Patient is awake and oriented. I imagine them being like: "Oh, hey, you don't mind me taking a photo, do you? Cool, thanks!"

When I told my colleague M. about the patient he replied: "That's wicked. Did he survive? Did the maggots survive?" and laughed his ass off.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen