09.02.11

Cologne II

Sun rising..

A heart made of chocolate - a gift from my mum :)

My mothers bag is like the one Mary Poppins has - she made a whole breakfast appear in 30 seconds

Ouh, what's this?

Lemon-cheesecake-biscuit stuff - tasty..

50% of the blood they took this time for several blood tests

Me-  very dead beat
Tried to get a photo of the bag with the lymphocytes but my hand was to shaky
The seats where you can donate blood normally - this morning I've been the only person there because they were closed actually


This morning my mum and I went to Cologne to get this whole "They take my lymphocytes and give them to her" thing done. I've been pretty excited. Getting up at 5:30, taking the train at 6:34.
My mum is always more excited than I am^^ (if that's possible.)
 I felt like a privat health care patient this morning:
Two doctors, one nurse (and my mum) being by my side all the time, asking me permanently if I feel comfortable, if it's too cold/warm/uncosy/whatever. Bringing me Cola and snacks.

This time the apheresis did not take so long like last time - but I seriously felt like it took two weeks.
It's like jogging: The first 30 minutes are pretty easy and hey - nothing can stop you.
And then it's getting more and more intense and in the end you feel like you did the Iron-man-run with a bad flu. Well, not really but kind of^^

When we finished the whole thing my mum and I went back to the train station.
I was so dead beat, I said:
"Mum.. I'm so unbelievably tired.."
She replied: "You can sleep on the train. I will take care."
I said: "I don't think I can sleep on the train."
She looked at me and started laughing. "You! You can sleep everywhere! Even when you sit or even stand!!
Don't tell me you can't sleep on the train."
And of course she was right.
We hardly left the train station and I fell asleep in a second.

So..
As I said I would totally do it again because if someone I love would get sick, I would wish that someone would spend a little time and donate something you have either way to save a life.
This has nothing to do with feeling special or important or whatever but with responsibility.
I don't know this woman.
Maybe she has kids, maybe not. Maybe she is married, maybe not.
But there are people who care about her and who want her to become healthy again and to be able to sit in the park enjoying the sunshine like I did today.
And so it's pretty fair to spend a few hours with your arms tied to this apheresis machine if someone else gets the chance to recover.
Get well soon, Lady!

All the best, 

Tiny






1 Kommentar:

  1. Well done, Super-Tiny! You actually save lives.

    Great pics! I think your mom's a magician, casting all that tasty stuff out of her bag. The pic where you look so dead-beat is a little unsettling though, but maybe that's just me.

    You deserve that Chocolate Heart! (I wonder if that's symbolic or anything...?)

    AntwortenLöschen