25.06.11

Atomic test approved!

I don't like to watch TV. Makes me aggressive with all the stupid commercials and breaks every five minutes.
On the other hand.. Maybe I would love it if commercials were more like this..






I looooooove the singing part at the end. I would totally buy that. Even though I'm not sure whether I need it.. Anyway!


It's so cute how the woman whistels along. Very pin-up like somehow. Even though the kids scare me.. Youngsters from hell!



"Just radioactive enough-" WAAAAAAHHH!


Now I found also a German Commercial which is too good not to be shared with you little rascals!



Translation (more or less):

Narrator:
Now in this case there are two possibilities! Either way he is single or he is bound to someone. Well is he single again, he will be bound now!

But who believes that a woman can rest on her laurels now, is just totally wrong! Far from it!
A man wants to be won every day again. That's how we are, that's what we are used to and that's how we want it.
It's a pleasure to watch it because baking is fun!
Actually she is sooo much better off than him! She is allowed to bake! (Tiny: I did not know there was a prohibition for men to bake!)

So, hurry up now, soon Peter will be back as hungry as a bear!

You know.. A woman knows two big questions in life: "What shall I wear and what shall I cook?"
It's astonishing what a man can eat when he is married.
Obviously a man gets good appetite when he is married.
Woman: "Correct! And the most important thing for him is.... the pudding!"
(Tiny: o.O" I thought most men are interested in something not very pudding related actually.. Guess I've been wrong all the time.)
Narrator: "Correct! As you know: Men who like sweet stuff have a very good character!
Of course only if you achieve such a successs! But there you have this one special possibility!"
Woman: Namely a cake made by myself with Dr. Oetker baking powder Backin!"
Narrator: "Cake makes us men soft and compliant, so the new dress can cost 100 dollars more.. or more likely 5.
By the way: With Dr. Oetker you do not only have one.. or two.. you have a plenty of possibilities!

...

1 Kommentar:

  1. Love those ads! Sure, the beliefs that produced them are ridiculous by today's standards. But you just have to adore that certain naivety and the aesthetics of the 50s. Although that Dr. Oetker ad IS pretty cringeworthy..
    Thanks for this post!

    *whistles kool-aid tune*

    AntwortenLöschen