20.10.11

"He said that he will stay-" "I know."

There's something making me pretty thoughtful tonight.
I had to stay longer because we were not able to get back on track with all of our work, yuck.
So one of the anaesthesiologists came to see a patient and returned pretty pissed after a couple of minutes.
"He will stay on the operating table!"
I nodded.
Later I told our doctor what the anaesthesiologist said.
"He said that he will stay on the operating table." "I know! We all know!"

But why do they want to do the surgery anyway?
He will die, no matter what may be.
But I would rather die at home or in my nursing home or whatever than in an operating room, naked, watched by a couple of people?

Death is something I can't deal with pretty good (Luckily. I guess if it wouldn't bother me I would've lost an important part of my humanity).
A few weeks ago when I started working there, there was this old woman, it was Sunday evening and I had late shift, on Monday she would have the same surgery like the patient I wrote about earlier.
She was nice and we chatted a little and made fun together.
I said: "I have my day off tomorrow but on Tuesday we will see each other again."
She died on Monday during the surgery.
Her aorta has been so sclerotic that when they tried to expand it with some kind of balloon, it just simply burst.

I'm going to bed now.
Tomorrow I have my day off.
I guess I won't be seeing the patient again on Saturday.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm typing this the second time now, damn you spam protection thingy and me not paying enough attention and thinking my comment was here...
    the gist of it was: You did what you could for that lady, you were there for her and kind and nice and that's what counts.

    <3

    AntwortenLöschen