11.04.12

Here comes the night

I like doing the night shifts.
Usually I am on my own, everything seemed to be slowed down. You drive home when everyone else rushes to work, uni or whatever.
Plus it's super quiet on the ward.

On the other hand, weird patients act even more weird at night.

Female old patient rings the alarm.
Tiny enters the room, whispering: You rang the alarm, what do you want?
Patient: "I can't go on any longer, call the doctor!"
Tiny: "Okaay.. But why? Are you feeling sick, do you feel pain? I gotta tell him something if he shall come to ward. He will not come if the only thing I can tell him is, that you're feeling weird."
Patient is not able to reply properly, just mumbling stuff. Suddenly she turns her head, looks me straight in the eyes and says:
"Do you have a piece of chocolate?"

Wait.. What?

Tiny: "Excuse me?"
Patient: "Yeah, chocolate makes me feel better everytime I feel down."

First thought: Choke her! It's three in the morning! Choke her now!
Second thought: Or don't. Bad karma, bad, bad karma!
Open your mouth.
Say something.

Tiny: "... Wait a minute."
So I searched through our box of sweets in the room of the nurses and gave her a piece of chocolate.
 The end.

 Something different but even more weird:

A male patient, born in the seventies wanted a diaper for the night.
I said no.
(And not only because I've been afraid that he wants me to put it own)
I don't like it to give fit, young males these disgusting, plastic urine bottles they can hang next to their bed (seriously, at home they have to use the toilet too!) but I will def. not start giving out diapers to young, fit patients!







2 Kommentare:

  1. First thought: First picture you published which shows (part of) your face. Nice!
    Second: Somehow this wardrobe suits you more than in the hospital before, don't you think so?
    Third: You'll make your way (and you know what I'm on about).

    Cheers!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yeah, I know. I took the blurry one! :D Don't wanna get too personal on this blog. I mean hey, I'm telling you my thoughts and fears and dreams and stuff, but showing my face to the WWWorld. Nope^^

      Thanks but still I wish our scrubs would be black. White makes you fat. Not fat or sugar or eating too much. Or insulin (like a fat patient with diabetes told me, did you know that?!)It's white!

      Yeah I guess^^

      Löschen