05.01.11

Enough is enough?

I don't like giving up.
One of the groups in one of these super duper social media networks I'm in (yeah, it's some kind of peer pressure. I also call it my virtual life.. whatsoever) is called: "Giving up is not my kind of style"
I actually believed in it. Even though times can be hard and life can be shit, it will go on, somehow.
Maybe not as easy and pleasant as you wished but hey..

But this time: Enough is enough.
I'm a trainee and not the last motherfucker on earth and even though I can be a bitch (even my mom said so o.O") it's not necessary to ignore me all the time. To not say hello or goodbye  or anything that makes it okay to work with your colleagues.
I don't like going to work with my stomache turning upside down.
I don't like to be asked by patients: "Are you unhappy?"

The whole thing started on my first day at this new ward.
I've been there five times before (I repeat: Five!) to check the service schedule.
Two times my name wasn't even on it.
Then it was not clear if and how I had to work on New Years Eve and stuff..
Then I checked it for the last time:
Dec. 27 Morning Shift.
Okay.

It's the morning of the 27zh. I walked 45 minutes to work since no train or bus or whatever was driving because there was more snow than anybody had seen the last 25 years.
I arrived, took a seat. Looked at the service schedule again.
My mood dropped sub zero.
Dec. 27 Morning Shift Late Shift.
"Oh that's nice. Noboby told me so." I say.
The two nurses I had to work with looked at me in a mix of  disinterest and a silent "Shut the fuck off"
"You should've checked the service schedule. "
"I did. Five times."
Long story short:
They bitched at me. I bitched back.
I stayed and did not walk 45 minutes back home to come back to the late shift (which would've meant another 45 minutes of walking).
They complained about me to the assistant head nurse.
They complained about me to one of the instructors who complained about me to my boss.

They still only talk to me when it's totally necessary (e.g. to tell me all the things I shall do while they are sitting in the nurses' room).
I'ver never been more pissed when I have to work. I would rather suffer from the Noro virus than working there one more day.
I'm going to ask my boss tomorrow to send me somewhere else.
When I leave I really would like to tell them to kiss my ass but I don't want to be fired because of insults.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Thats not giving up, thats doing whats good for you, imo. Surely theres nothing wrong with that? Noone can expect you to stay there when you're not being treated with the fairness & respect you deserve in your job.

    Good luck tomorrow, i'll keep my fingers crossed.

    AntwortenLöschen