24.04.11

Why do I keep dreaming in this musical like manner about work?

As a trainee it's part of your work to serve coffee and tea for the patients
(I don't know why and I hate it, it makes me feel like a waitress,
the only difference is, a waitress gets paid better, the waitress wears a cute apron,
that at first I serve them coffee and later the bedpan or worse..
Ouh, just imagine how I would lift that silver serving dome et voilà...
Gastroentèrite! Bon appétit! Ok, enough is enough..)

But what really annoys me is the way all the patients behave when you ask them:
"Would you like to have a cup of coffee or tea?"

There are the "funny" ones. Oh yeah.. I know you..
"Would you like to have a cup of coffee or tea?"
"Yes, coffee please."
"Would you like to have milk and sugar in your coffee?"
"No, I want my coffee as black as night, as sweet as love and hot like hell!"
Hahaha.. You're so funny.. No one ever told me so before, hahaha.. not.

Or:
"Would you like a cup of coffee or tea?"
"Yes coffee please."
"Would you like some sugar or milk?"
"No, I want it black and bitter, just like my soul."
Hahahahaha.. Jeez.. You're killing me.. If you want it that way, I can serve it in a dirty cup as well!

Or you have to deal with the nitpicker..

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee or tea?"
"Yes please, I want 1/2 cup of coffee with 1 3/4 spoons of sugar and 2,5 spoons of evaporated milk."
Really..?
"Of course, here's your  1/2 cup of coffee with 1 3/4 spoons of sugar and 2,5 spoons of evaporated milk."
Too bad: They don't even notice that I am making fun of them.

So this morning I heard a song on the radio which will haunt me for the rest of my entire nurse-trainee-life.
The next time a patient wants milk for his or her coffee I will start singing:

"No milk today, it wasn't always so, the company was gay, we'd turned night into day.."

(Plus: The singer is cute, isn't he? He's like the Sixties Bieber! XD)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen