22.05.11

Pummelvision.

So have you ever heard about a thing called "Pummelvision"?
Me neither.
But then I found out that there is indeed such thing.
If I understand it correctly, it collects photos from you (and your friends) and puts them together into some kind of music video.

At first I thought:
Well.. not a bad idea actually since I like the combination of photography and music or different kinds of art anyway.

But then I thought:

Somehow I feel quite uncomfortable about it.
I'm not even quite sure why but the idea that it collects photos from my flickr, facebook or tumblr account seems to be not so appealing at all.
I mean, sure, if you post your whole life on facebook everyone can read it, but while I was watching the video on their main site, I thought:
There you are, little Tiny sitting in front of her laptop, watching this. I'm not more evil than my friendly neighbour but there are people out there who are and who are anything but nice.
I would not like to have a 50 something freak (who collects antlers and likes to wear high heels) masturbating over pictures of me and my friends dancing around in hot pants.

Of course you can say now I'm a hypocrite since I'm blogging about very personal stuff at LpfD but I think the difference is: I'm not naked on my blog (even though this would increase my traffic I think XD), I'm proud on the photographs I post since I took them and I'm not writing about anything too personal which would embarrass me if my boss would read it.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Good point. You are blogging nevertheless, aint you?
    Have people, your friends aside, ever talked to you about your blog or things you mentioned there?
    Who knows about this particular blog in your little hospital?

    Always keep your pretty head up, Tiny!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you very much^^

    Um.. The thing with my dear readership is..
    Well.
    Good things come in small packages.
    I guess there are four to five people who read it regularly.
    Never mind.

    AntwortenLöschen