22.03.13

Little things in life

Some months ago I stopped at the house of a colleague in the morning to pick her up to work, it was 5:15 or something and still dark.
She sat down in my car and we started, not talking pretty much because we were both still sleepy and daydreaming about how work will be today.

"If you don't like the music on this CD, I can turn on the radio or something."  I said.
"No, thanks, the music is fine. I always like your choice of music, it's very peaceful to sit in your car with you."
I think this was a pretty weird compliment, but I felt flattered.


 My friend Fabulous F. gave me a journal for my birthday, it's the Journal of Awesome and you have to write down stuff that was awesome or fill in little questions like " What was the most awesome part of your week" etc.. it makes you noticing the small things a little more.

When I was in my future garden (yay! Awesome!) rambling around, looking at the tree and the weeds growing there, thinking about how much work it will be to turn this wilderness into something you can grow vegetables in, but suddenly I heard music.
I hold my breath for a couple of seconds and had to smile because somewhere near the garden someone was playing the clarinet, I recognized the famous song from "The Godfather" and "Que sera".


Last Saturday I was standing at the beach in Amalfi, Italy and looked at the sea.
 It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.
Do you know those little moments, which last just a second or two but make you feel so alive, so present and remind you of the here and now, that you feel simply overwhelmed by life.
I think those moments are the ones, which will last. Which you will remember when you are old.
I told my friend: "You know, when we are old and demented, I hope, when I see pictures of the sea, that I will remember this. I really hope that these things are going to last, no matter what happens."
She smiled at me and I think she understood what I meant.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen