09.05.13

Four years ago

While I am writing this, there's a song on the radio and the lyrics go something like this:

"..and it's alright, as long as I can stay with you. And it's alright, as long as we are together."

Today I skipped through our local free newspaper (which I normally never read because it's mainly advertising and other boring stuff.).
But today I read it and a death note caught my eye.
It wasn't a real death note, more like some kind of "In Memoriam" I can't find a proper translation.

It's about a woman who died four years ago.

The text said:

"And there are always somewhere marks of her life and her love.
In loving memory, your husband H. and your children."

I knew her, she was my patient when I was a trainee. She had cancer and got really confused in the end because there was cancer in her brain as well, she was the one who talked to the alarm bell, thinking it was a telephone and there was some sort of foreigner on the phone. I wrote about it years ago.
I remember her husband. We stood in the hallway and talked about her condition and suddenly he started crying silently, sobbing and wiping the tears away and it really broke my heart because you could feel this mans despair and how much he loved his wife.

 Obviously he still loves her and I don't know whether to find this sad or beautiful.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen