13.05.13

Motivation

Yesterday I made a cake for my colleagues and, without bragging, I have to say that it turned out pretty amazing. (Melted Toblerone anyone?)

So I stored it in the fridge and started working, when J., one of the Docs, came in and said:
"Uh.. I will have this very uncomfortable talk with relatives today and my motivation already dropped below zero.."
so I replied: "I made a cake. It's awesome and it will cheer you up one bite at a time. You wanna see it?"
and he grinned and said:
"Show me. I wanna see it."
so we walked into the kitchen and he said:
"Wow. I think I can go back to work now, looking forward eating a piece of this baby."

Oh and this happened:

I had one awake patient who was slightly demented and confused from time to time (speaking of an suitcase with 28.000€ and stuff).
It was an isolated room where you had to wear a surgical mask etc
and I entered and he made the sign of the cross and looked scared and I said:
"Hello Mr. X, don't be scared, this is your nurse Tiny, I've been here yesterday, do you remember?"
and he squinted and said: "Please show me your nose."
So I pulled the mask a little bit down for a second and he smiled and said: "Ahh, yes, now I know. I recognize you!"

Funny little Grandpa.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen