02.02.12

You had me at "I'm just worried about your safety, please go back to bed."

This night, at three o'clock one of the old patients suffering from dementia wanted to get up and get dressed to meet the senior physician. (Ok...).
He already fell five or six times before but his relatives neither want us to give him tranquilizer, nor to fix him in his bed.

(My first thought was that they hope that when he falls for the seventh time he will finally break something important..)

So he climbed out of bed with his legs and did not wanted to get back into by any chance.
Instead he started kicking and punching. So uncool..

I called the doctor who sounded pretty dozily (Quelle surprise at 3:30am).
He came to our ward and talked to the patient for half an hour. I joked that he is trying to yak him back to bed. Finally, he stayed in bed and we went out of the room, my colleague E., the doctor and I.

I joked: "Well. After five minutes you made me wanna go back to bed. You had me at: "I'm just worried about your safety and I only want the best for you, please go back to bed.""

I liked: The patient who said to me: "Well, you are the night?" and I finally could say: "Yes, here comes the night!"

Plus: Lloyd's and Andre 3000's song "Dedication to my ex (Miss that). So catchy, makes me dance. Sung it the whole day.

1 Kommentar: