17.12.09

Gift giving..

A very difficult topic.
How can you find a great present for someone you don't know very well.
Or who you know very well but who has everything (seemingly or not)?

How much are you going to spend?
What do they think if you are not able (or willing..) to spend much money for them?

"This is it? I'm not worthy more?"

Disappointment galore.

Gala Darling wrote a great article about the difficulties of gift giving.

I know I am a very difficult person when it comes to presents.
I don't care much about the prize of the present but I am definitely the candidate to think:
"What the heck shall I do with that?
How on earth could you think I could like/use/whatever this..
I thought you know me better."
It happened several times that I received earrings.
I don't even have my ears pierced!
Hello?

To my mind there's nothing worse than present that shows:
"I have absolutely no idea about who you are, what you like,
what you dream of or what you are interested in."

I know this may sound a bit cocky:

I think I am a very good gift giver.

So please keep this in mind when you buy something for someone:

Mass presents are a no-go! (Buying the same thing for a bunch of people because it's easy/convient is really condemnable...)

Try to find out what the person likes/is interested in/dreams of/really needs.

Shower gel will make you go to hell on a highway.
(What do you want to say with this? Shower more often? You smell? Think about that..)

This sums it up pretty nice:


Hope you'll have great high days and holidays!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen