18.02.10

"And all my dreams come true!"

It's already a few days ago that this happened but I hope it will be interesting anyway:

We were already prepared for the next operation (sterile gloves, sterile scrubs, you know..)
and stood in the back of the room, arms crossed, watching how the patient was put in the correct position.

The patient was an elderly woman, very obese with pale, loose skin.
Like a white latex glove.
The skin on her legs and especially on her feet was super dry and flaky.
When the others turned her around, it became obvious that there was feces smudged over her thigh.
 I said: "Not taken care of very good."

The anaesthetic nurse looked in a pretty grimly way.
"Oh wait.. There's more to it than this..
I prepared the foley catheter for her.. All my dreams came true instantly.."

Ugh.. *shudder*
I can't understand how nurses can send a patient into the operating room looking so raggle-taggle..
I would be ashamed if one of my patients would look like this!
Would these nurses treat their own relatives like this too?
The nurse who supervises the work hygiene and the hygiene of the staff always says:
"You can't disinfect dirt. It's just not possible."
So we had to clean the patient first before the surgery could start.
By the way: every minute in the operating room costs hundreds of €.

I know it's not easy to clean very obese patients and/or patients suffering from dementia but the case mentioned above was just pure laziness.

Just not cool..

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen