27.02.10

Nothing outside

When I got up yesterday morning, my room was illuminated in a radiant white.
I tried to look outside through my window but there was nothing left.

Not the houses behind our house,
not the trees,
not the cars of our neighbours..

There was nothing left.

No clouds, no sun, no sky,
only this radiant white light.

A blank canvas.
Thick, white fog, which covered us like wadding.
Safely protected against sounds and shocks.

It is a very weird feeling if you don't know where up and down is.
It creeps slowly up your spine, the fluff on your arm is standing on end.
You are shivering, this bad feeling makes your logical thoughts run dry.
Everything feels dull.

I drew the curtains close in a vehement way and thought about what to do now, since everything what matters is on the inside and everything on the outside is gone and pointless.

But then I woke up and looked outside of my window carefully:

Everything outside is still there.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Nice... very intriguing, even a little Lovecraft-esque. But again: way to short! ;)

    One line made me think: 'A blank canvas'.. as in, a new start? Imagine the possibilites.

    AntwortenLöschen